1. Ramon Todo - so I just stumbled across this gem of an artist online and was instantly transfixed. Its hard to put your finger on exactly what makes his glass-infused objects so attractive. Its true that they offering little practical use (aside from as a paper weight), but their aesthetic value is huge. Ramon Todo has done something magical, taking a simple object from nature and the book shelf, cutting it in two pieces and putting it back together again with an upgrade. I don't know if this appealing to everyone but I sure would love one of his pieces on my shelf. Glass sandwich anyone?
2. HomeStyler - this website lets you design your dream home digitally. Its free and you can work directly in the web browser. Its relatively easy to learn and I've been having a lot of fun remodelling my living room with it. You can even add furniture and all kinds of finer details to your projects so no more fiddling around with pen and paper to plan your redecorations. Give it a go at homestyler.com
3. BFI London Film Festival - London's annual film festival is back from October 4th and I'm excited to check out some films from around the world. This year we've picked a couple at random and I'm looking forward to seeing a German movie called 'Tiger Girl' this Sunday. You can still get some tickets but time is running out so visit their site.
4. Timothy Oulton - offering a stunning collection of handcrafted furniture and decorative items, this brand is 'inspired by the past, but reconceived from a modern perspective'. Their range of couches, chairs, tables, chandeliers, wall art and more charm with their refreshingly new take on British heritage. Highly sought after and unique, these statement pieces come with a price tag to match. If not now, maybe one day?
5. Foxdenton Gin - we don't usually drink much gin but we have a weakness for these exceptional flavoured gins. The thought of Rhubarb infused gin was not something that naturally appealed, but we stumbled across the Foxdenton stall at a market recently and were blown away by how tasty their drinks were. The man at the counter served us samples of every variety; Damson, Raspberry, Plum and Sloe gin and we left with a couple bottles of our own.... Perhaps inebriating your potential customers is a good sales strategy, but in any case these gins are truly spectacular and we'll be enjoying them for a long time to come.
Ramzi writes about home décor, design and much more. He wants to share interesting things from around the world.
Lana is the creative energy behind Saint Wools. She writes about her love of wool and passion for making the best chunky knit pieces.